Like a cold breeze in the middle of the night, you flew into my world unexpectedly. Sending chills down my spine, you ruptured the silence I covered myself with. I choked as my lungs filled with the cool air around me, pushing out what was stagnant. My eyes are crystal clear and filled with the light you've given back to me.
Like a speeding bullet, racing towards it's target. You've pierced my heart. You've shattered my reality, sending my world into a spin. I am changed, yet still the same. Like two pieces of eternity have clicked into place like pieces of a puzzle. Our destination is unknown, the journey is foggy and yet, we're falling forward into the beginning of forever. You've broken these chains I've welded through my despair. You've pulled my mask away ever so gently. You've exposed me for who I really am, and yet, you don't run. You've caused my dreams and reality to mix, I am unable to discern between the two. Everything is so surreal, so ethereal. I'm afraid to open my eyes, yet, I'm awake.
And yet, as wonderful as this is, I'm afraid. I don't want to hurt anyone, and I don't want anyone to hurt me. I've kept myself hidden away for so long, protecting myself for as long as I can. And here you come, unraveling my false sense of reality. You've made my world a much brighter place, you've opened my eyes to what I've been missing.
And for one of my favorite movie quotes... It's from Kate and Leopold, Leopold says: "Marriage is the promise of eternal love. As a man of honor I cannot promise eternally what I've never felt momentarily."
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
You've shot me down.
Posted by Mollie at 4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment