I received an email from you today. I haven't heard from you in a few months. Reading those words brought a smile to my face, imagining your voice saying them to me. I had thought the worst when I hadn't heard from you. Receiving no reply just about killed me. Now I don't know if hearing from you is going to make me feel better or worse. I don't know where we stand with each other or when I will see you again. I miss talking to you, I miss laughing with you. I miss your touch. I miss your presence right next to me. I miss just hanging out with you and talking about nothing at all. I'd travel around the world to get to you. I feel like you're supposed to be in my life, you're not supposed to fade away into the dark abyss. In the small amount of time you've spent with me, you've gotten closer to me than anyone else ever has. I was able to be myself around you. I can see myself with you, in life. You fit with my family, you get along with my brothers. You're like my missing puzzle piece.
Then again, so much has changed since we last spoke. I had to learn to move on and get over you. I'm happy where my life is right now, it's going places. I've found someone else that makes me feel so incredibly wonderful. I don't know if I want you back at all, I feel like if I did you would just knock me back down again. This new person wouldn't do anything to hurt me. They have a large capacity to care for me. They make me smile and laugh. I'm not so sure I want you back. In fact, taking you back would unravel every wall and shield I just finished putting up in my life. I don't want that to happen.
There are may roads and paths ahead of me, each starting the same but going in different directions. Some cross others while a few run parallel to everything. Right now I'm standing at the cross roads, about to take a step blindfolded in one direction. Once I do take that first step, I'm running as fast as I can. If you want me, you'll have to catch up to me and commit to me. Commit every step of the way, carry me when I grow tired. Encourage me when I become weary. And when we've reached the end of that piece of our life, we'll look back and see how far we've come and how much we've grown into one. Then, when it's time, we'll take that next jump into the unknown.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
When life takes and unexpected turn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment